Monday, May 30, 2011

The conditions for the Hood River Super D turned out to be perfect. Things started to dry out on Saturday and by Sunday the ground was fast. I had the latest start time of my life, . I got to ride the course one last time that morning before the race started. They rerouted the bottom area so for those of you familiar with the course you no longer have the last climb from the power lines. Now you drop down to the right by the river and its small ups and small downs all the way to the finish. There was no one complaining about that. There are three bridges to cross however and during my race run I came in hot around the corner and found myself in a 2 second balancing act right on the ledge of the bridge. In the end the bridge won as I landed right knee first bike up side down in the water below. I had a hard time getting it together after that because I was pinning it…The race release was one minute. I passed one girl at the bottom of the log drop and another girl at the power lines. I had the power line girl in the back of my mind as I went for a swim but I still managed to keep her off my tail as I crossed the finish line. I came in 7th out of 20 in my age group. I have a lot of room for improvements so next year, watch out!

It has been great to see so many of our Oly friends and race teammates. We are going for a ride with Todd and Brandon today. Tomorrow we are headed to Portland to have the bikes checked out and then back to Oly for a few days to visit. Hope everyone is well.


No comments:

Post a Comment